Michael (Mike) Merren began his career as a Certified Personal Trainer in March of 2008. He has a passion for
working with children and teenage athletes and was the Head Personal Trainer for the “Boys Fit for Life”
program, while earning his first Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Health Science Studies from Quinnipiac
University in Hamden, CT, while also earning a degree in Clinical Massage Therapy from The Connecticut
Center for Massage Therapy in Newington.
Mike understands the discipline it takes to be a successful athlete. A three-sport varsity athlete in high school
(cross country, wresting and baseball); he also was a member of the Rugby Team at Quinnipiac University.
In May 2013, Mike earned a second B.S. degree in Athletic Training from Kean University in Union, NJ, and,
that same year, began an internship at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, FL, where he
worked as an Athletic Trainer assisting athletes of all ages and skill levels, from amateur to professional.
While at Wide World of Sports,, Mike also worked as a Massage Therapist for the United Kingdom’s National
Track & Field Team. Beginning in the summer of 2014, he became the Assistant Athletic Trainer for the ASA
College Football Team in Brooklyn, NY. After the season, he moved back to Florida to work with the Orlando
City Soccer Club of Major League Soccer as their pre-season Assistant Athletic Trainer and Massage therapist.
Mike also worked as Head Athletic Trainer at AdventHealth Center Ice from January 2017 to June 2022. He
also holds a position as Athletic Trainer with the United States National Cheer teams. He serves as Head
Athletic Trainer with the Tampa Bay Juniors and is entering his sixth season in this role.
He specializes in injury prevention, injury assessment, athlete education, rehabilitation, strength and
conditioning, and functional training in a variety of sports to help individuals improve and/or return to action.
A highly motivated individual offering strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, character, and
leadership, Mike’s extensive athletic training experience offers athletes the highest level of support, athletic
education and performance enhancement to help them strive for excellence and develop into professional
Mike is a proud husband to Caitlin and father to two-year old Claire, with a new addition soon to join his
growing family in a few months.
Certifications & Licensures:
- B.O.C. Certified Athletic Trainer: #2000015502
- Licensed Athletic Trainer with the State of Florida: #AL3817
- Board Certified Massage Therapist (NCBTMB): #603853-11
- Licensed Massage Therapist with the State of Florida: #MA87773
- Licensed Massage Therapist with the State of New York: #025540-1
- Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT): #E2063155
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS): #7248034608
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA): #723638101
- Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC)
- TRX Certified Group Suspension Trainer
- CranioSacral Therapy: Level 2 (CS2)
- Certified by Total Motion Release: Spinal Manipulation
- BLS Instructor: American Heart Association: #01150296073
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certified: American Heart Association